If you already have an existing Version 2 installation of classroombookings and want to update it to the latest release of Version 2, the process should be straightforward and familiar if you have installed or updated Version 2 already.
Check that your hosting envrionment or server meets the requirements, and then proceed with the steps below.
- Make a backup of your database.
- Download and extract the latest Version 2 archive you want to install.
- The following folders and files in your installation need to be replaced with files from new release:
- Either rename them (e.g. application.old, assets.old, index.old.php), or move them somewhere else.
- It would be a good idea to keep a copy of them in case the new version does not work.
- Place the extracted files from the latest Version 2 archive into the same folder as the current installation.
- Using a web browser, visit the URL of your classroombookings installation.
- If everything still works, you can safely remove your backups of the
- There is no upgrade process to run, but any database changes that need to be done will be made automatically without any intervention.
Sometimes it may be necessary to carry out extra tasks for individual upgrades. Check below if that is the case for your version upgrades.
Upgrading to 2.0.1
There is a new file
favicon.ico to add to the root folder, along with index.php. Extract this file from the downloaded archive along with application, assets and index.php.