If you already have an existing Version 2 installation of classroombookings and want to update it to the latest release of Version 2, the process should be straightforward and familiar if you have installed or updated Version 2 already.
Check that your hosting envrionment or server meets the requirements, and then proceed with the steps below.
- Make a backup of your database.
- Download and extract the latest Version 2 archive you want to install.
- The following items in your installation need to be replaced with files from new release:
- Either rename them (e.g. application.old, assets.old, index.old.php), or move them somewhere else.
- It would be a good idea to keep a copy of them in case the new version does not work.
- Place the extracted files from the latest Version 2 archive into the same folder as the current installation.
- Using a web browser, visit the URL of your classroombookings installation.
- If everything still works, you can safely remove your backups of the
- There is no upgrade process to run, but any database changes that need to be done will be made automatically without any intervention.